Softmatic .NET C# Barcode Generator & Control, Barcode SDK, ASP .NET Barcodes
Create your own retail, pharma, warehousing barcodes with C# and Visual Basic .NET with Softmatic's .NET Barcode Library and SDK.
Usable from .NET 2.0 under Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Vista,
Windows 7 and Windows 8. Written entirely in managed C# code. Works stand-alone, no online access required.
The manual of the library is here. We also provide a walkthrough of a
C# barcode generator and an ASP .NET barcode server.
.NET Barcode Library - Advantages
- 100% managed C# code
- Compatible with all .NET languages: C#, VB .NET, F# etc.
- Can be used on a form or as a ASP Server / .NET DLL (i.e. not using screen estate)
- Can be used in WPF apps via the WindowsFormsHost
- Full design-time support for all properties
- Data bindable
- Automatic checksum calculation and data conversion for all symbologies
- Highly customizable with user definable properties for module width, height, human readable text etc.
- Easy to use - create, display, save a barcode with only three lines of code
- Sample project, C# Barcode Generator (incl. pre-compiled read-to-run binaries)
- Sample project, VB .NET Barcode Generator (incl. pre-compiled read-to-run binaries)
- Sample project, ASP .NET Barcode Server
- Very small footprint, only ~200 kB, only a single file
- Export to vector formats EPS, SVG, to raster formats PNG, TIFF, JPEG etc.. When used as a .NET User Control, the barcode is drawn
directly on the canvas.
.NET Barcode Library Trial Version
A fully functional trial version is available, please see the download section.
.NET Barcode Library - Barcode Symbologies
Softmatic's .NET barcode library support all common linear code types for retail, warehousing, pharma, and the new
GS1 DataBar. Also supported are 2D area barcodes. The actual barcode creation can be widely configured: Specify bounding
box markers, sentinels, human readable text etc.
- EAN 8, EAN 13, JAN, EAN Velocity, EAN 99, EAN 13 w/ Addon
- ISBN 10, ISBN 13 w/ Addon
- UPC-E, UPC-A
- Code 2/5 Interleaved, Industrial
- Code ITF-14 with bearer bar
- Code 39, Code 39 Extended
- Code 128 ABC w/ auto-discrimination
- Code 128 GS1/UCC/EAN
- PZN 7, PZN 8 (pharma barcodes)
- Laetus (pharma barcode)
- DataBar GS1 (formerly RSS symbology), complete implementation with all linear and stacked subtypes
- 2D: Datamatrix, Aztec, PDF417, QR Code
All three licenses come with unlimited updates and unlimited priority technical support over the lifetime of the product.
All licenses are perpetual and do not expire. No subscription required!
- In House - Install and use the SDK on max. two developer seats. Royalty-free distribution of the library to one location,
e.g. your company or a single client.
- Small Business - Install and use the SDK on max. two developer seats. Unlimited royalty-free redistribution of the library
with your applications. License also permits using the barcode library on a server in an ASP .NET application.
- Corporate - Unlimited developer seats, unlimited royalty-free redistribution of the library with your applications.
License also permits using the barcode library on a server in an ASP .NET application.
Comes with full source code: All licenses include complete ready-to-compile C# source code of the library (roughly 15,000 lines of code).
Unsure about the correct license? Contact us.
.NET Barcode SDK - Documentation & Sample Code
The .NET barcode SDK comes with free sample code in C# and VB .NET.
Sample projects for Visual Studio are provided with full source code and ready to run. We also provide detailed
step-by-step tutorials that show how to generate barcodes from ASP .NET. Also included is extensive documentation and